What Is an Effective YouTube Strategy?
You know how people turn to YouTube for all sorts of things. You’ve even seen competitors adding video to their websites. What do you do if you’re not very photogenic? Do you need to hire a videographer? If you’re not sure where to start, keep reading. It is easy to build a YouTube channel by following the simple recipe described below.
- Check out “third party model and scripting services” offered on the internet. For a reasonable amount of money, you can hire someone to produce a near-professional 30-second video. This is a great way to stretch your advertising dollar if your business is just starting out with video.
- Write a script that explains your business and its value to customers. Be sure to include a link to your business’ website. If you’re unsure of how to write a video script, this can be hired out to the same service for an additional fee.
- Create a YouTube channel. This can easily be done by using a current email address; however, since YouTube is associated with Google, it is easiest to associate your YouTube channel with a new or existing Gmail account. Continue with the set up.
- Once your YouTube channel is up and running it is easy to begin uploading videos.
- Be sure to include a description with each video along with tags. Use the embedding tools Yahoo provides to link your video to your business website. Adding a link to your website is also important.
- Begin promoting your video, which will help you develop a fan base as well as build up the number of likes your video receives.
It really is as simple as that. You may not understand the benefit of using YouTube for your business. Look at the following ways YouTube can be used effectively to show off your expertise, share knowledge and connect with customers or those seeking what you have to offer and market your products to prospective customers.
- Upload presentations offered by your business that demonstrates your authority.
- Conduct interviews with an expert related to your business market.
- Leave comments on other YouTube videos or upload video responses on subjects for you’re trying to establish your authority.
- Create “how-to” videos that explain how to use products or services offered by your company.
- Answer customer’s questions via video and then be sure to point them to their personal response on your YouTube channel.
- Add closed-captions or subtitles to your videos to make them user-friendly for those that access videos differently.
- Use videos to engage your customers or potential customers.
- Include a link to your YouTube channel on social networking profiles and as part of marketing campaigns.
- Ask satisfied customers to provide a video testimony and then post it on your website. This will add to your credibility as well as establish you as an expert.
- Promote your product by showing it in action. Produce a movie trailer-style video that is creative, catchy and fast moving.
- Include an overlay on your video that has a “call to action” which will send viewers to your website.
- Add your company information – company name, website address, email address and telephone number – on each video.
Check out your competitor’s websites and see how they’re using video. There’s no reason to be left behind when video is easy to add to your website with a YouTube channel. We can assist you if you’re unsure of how to develop an effective YouTube strategy. Whether your business is in Fremont, Pleasanton, Walnut Creek, San Ramon, Danville or one surrounding Bay Area cities, we can help. Our team of experts understands the benefits of using video to promote your business and is eager to help you succeed. Call us today at (925) 736-5808.