PayPerClick (PPC) Advertising Campaigns
PayPerClick (PPC), which is also known as Cost Per Click, is one method used to draw visitors to a business website and is strictly for use on the internet. Advertisers are charged in two ways: they can be charged a flat rate for each click their link receives or they can bid for specific words. Most often those advertising using this method will pay popular search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo and others) when bids are made on keywords or when their advertisement is clicked. Since the choice of keywords is so important, it helps to understand this advertising method to ensure the keywords are specific as well as targeted to the right niche group.
PayPerClick advertising is still used despite the stiff competition for the best keywords. Users can set up a PPC campaign quickly, it is very flexible and it can have a huge impact on a website in no time at all. Those using PPC effectively consider it a “sure” thing but this is only the case if you have money in your advertising budget for this method.
One of the benefits of PPC is that the user is free to monitor their campaign. They can make changes when they realize their strategy isn’t working, and they can do this as often as needed to find one that will be more efficient. PPC customers also have more control in how much money is spent to ensure every cent counts. Knowing how to use PayPerClick effectively can assure the business that their advertising dollars will reach their intended target group.
As mentioned above, PPC campaigns can be created quickly and then launched. With the millions that access the internet each day, the reach is broad. Not only can PPC raise awareness of a new business website, it can also improve the site’s organic ranking. This is accomplished by using PPC tools such as geo-targeting which restricts the locations the ads will be displayed. This makes the ads laser targeted, more specific and can greatly reduce costs.
Consider the following before choosing to use PayPerClick advertising:
- Start out with a small budget for laser-targeted keywords to begin with. Once you understand the process better, you can increase your advertising to ensure you don’t lose too much money on campaigns that don’t work.
- Develop a well-defined strategy by researching keywords to determine the costs and optimization for each.
- Use keyword analysis tools like those offered by Google that will help you determine which keywords are most likely to attract the audience you seek.
- Be sure to plan PPC campaigns of various lengths. Learning how to use PPC successfully takes some trial and error. By having campaigns of various lengths, you will be able to test and see which produce the best results.
- Don’t be afraid to fine-tune your keyword campaign if making changes will make a difference.
- Monitor the results of the PayPerClick campaign to identify which keywords are most successful and cut the ones that aren’t.
PayPerClick advertising can be a valuable tool but wise business owners will use multiple tools to get the traffic they need to their website. This can include link building, social networking and blogging. If your Bay Area business is struggling to get the desired traffic to the business website, turn to Bay Area Online Marketing. We serve Pleasanton, San Ramon, Danville, Walnut Creek, Fremont and the surrounding area. Our team of experts understands PayPerClick and help you develop a campaign that will get the results you want.