People in business understand that ‘time is money.’ When you are trying to maximize marketing online for Livermore businesses, this adage is definitely true. If you run a business, any time you spend on an activity is expected to give you a return. This includes time you spend marketing online. You expect your marketing efforts to pay a dividend in the end.
What can you do to maximize online marketing for your Livermore business? The following suggestions are provided to help you streamline your marketing efforts and reduce the time you spend on tasks associated with marketing online.
- Simplicity is best. Rather than developing a long, drawn-out marketing plan that no one understands, determine what your goals are for marketing and what you can do to reach those goals. What do you want to accomplish? What is the timeframe in which you would like to accomplish it? What steps will you take within the allotted time? Answering these simple questions will help you not become overwhelmed.
- Prioritize your tasks. Once you know what you want to accomplish and have an idea of the steps that you will take to reach your goals, prioritize what needs to be done first, second, and so on. When you have the entire list prioritized, you can create a ‘to-do’ list of what needs to be done to help you succeed.
- Specific goals will keep you moving in the right direction. There’s an acronym that is helpful – SMART – goals should be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely. Your goal would look like this: I want to get 500 new followers on Twitter by the end of February. If you set goals that are unattainable, chances are you will become overwhelmed and give up. Shoot for the Mars, be realistic that you may only be able to make it to the moon with the first attempt.
- Create a schedule based on your “SMART” goals. How can you block out your day that will enable you to spend time effectively on Twitter? Will you take the first part of your day for social media marketing? How long will you spend? Will you do this daily or only on certain days of the week? No matter what you decide, it is important to be consistent in your efforts if you want to see them pay off.
- Multi-task wherever possible. If you can spend time in more than one social media outlet while you’re concentrating on Twitter, chances are you will see improvement in the results you get on those other outlets, as well, which will help you reach your overall goal of maximizing your marketing online.
- Avoid procrastination. Everyone has a tendency to put off things that are difficult. If you find a task is too difficult and you’re putting it off, try taking care of that task during the first part of the day.
- Be flexible. Sometimes no matter how hard you work at something, it simply doesn’t work. Give yourself the freedom to reevaluate and change your plans for online marketing.
If you find you can’t accomplish your goals in the time you have given yourself, or the task is more than you can handle, ask for the help of those around you or outsource those tasks to a company like Bay Area Online Marketing that specializes in marketing online in Livermore and the surrounding areas.