Do you think about search engine optimization for your San Ramon company website? If your company website has not reached the higher rankings you desire, it may be time to hire a firm to help. Some companies will spend a large amount of money to ensure higher page rankings. Once your website reaches the top of the search engines, what can you do to help it maintain that rank?
- Choose keywords carefully. Start out with a list of keywords or keyword phrases you want to use on your website. Try to come up with keywords that are specific to your business rather than going too general. Longer keyword phrases may also help you reach higher rankings. Stay consistent in the use of keywords and keyword phrases. Forgetting to include one word of a keyword phrase could have detrimental effects.
- Optimize your website by creating content for those keywords. Use the exact keyword or keyword phrase. Use it in the title of the content, in the first line of the content as well as subheadings within the content.
- Obtain links to your company website from other popular websites. These “backlinks” should come from websites that are relevant to your keywords. For instance, if you sell walking shoes, it does not make sense to have a link to your website from an origami website. One great way to receive backlinks is to do a guest post on an industry-related blog. Be sure to learn how to use social media for backlinks.
- Keep in mind that Google and other search engines change their algorithms regularly. They are constantly in the process of re-indexing websites and the best way for a company website to reach the top of the search engine.
- New material added frequently is important to reach the top of the search engine rankings. Each time you add new content it gives the search engine “spiders” something else to find and index, which has a direct impact on where your website ranks.
- Do not settle once you have reached the ranking you desire. Staying at that rank will take hard work and determination. Keep making changes, adding more content and getting backlinks. The more effort you put forth, the longer you will maintain the higher ranking.
- Track how well your keywords are doing. Even if your website ranks well for one or more keywords, add more content on those keywords to reinforce their ranking.
- Be sure your website remains up and running. A website that goes down, even for only an hour or two, can quickly lose their top position.
- Continue generating quality incoming links. Once you have the links coming to your site, regularly visit those websites to be sure, they are pointing to the correct place on your website. Visit your competitor’s website to see what backlinks they have and then ask that website if it will link to your side, was well.
It may take a month or more to see changes in your company website rankings. If you understand search engine optimization in San Ramon, or work with a business with a team of SEO experts to assist you, it is possible to see success. Then, once your website has reached the top of the search engines, you will know how to help it stay there.