With over 1 billion (yes, that is a B) people with Facebook accounts and over 665 million active daily Facebook users it simply makes sense to use Facebook advertising. This is particularly true when marketing online in Danville or the surrounding Bay Area cities. If you haven’t heard much about Facebook advertising, now is the perfect time to learn.
Small businesses often do not have the marketing budget of larger businesses. They know how important it is to spend their money wisely when it comes to advertising. Whatever they choose must have proven results or must be affordable in case they aren’t as effective as hoped.
In the world of marketing online, Facebook advertising is quite affordable depending upon the target demographic. Although the minimum cost is $0.01 per click, the average cost is $0.75. When you consider major companies spend millions of dollars for advertising, this cost is attainable even for the newest small business. Facebook allows you to set a lifetime budget for advertising campaigns as well as setting up daily ones. It is recommended that a budget of $500 is a good place to start.
One of the benefits of using Facebook advertising is that, even though it is similar to an email or direct mail marketing effort, you have much more control over the campaign. You are also given the ability to create a database of customers that can be used each year and will continue to grow as you use the service.
Another benefit to using Facebook advertising for marketing online in Danville is the amount of competition. Unlike Google Adwords or pay-per-click advertising, Facebook advertising is relatively new and does not have the same number of users. For this reason, there is less competition. The ads are also given to readers once they are already following you and have begun to trust you. Facebook ads also allow those following you to see customer feedback, and your responses to it, which helps trust grow even further.
Before you decide to try Facebook advertising for marketing online in Danville, here are some points to consider:
- Understand what it is you want to accomplish with your advertising campaign. Set goals so you are able to measure your success and then plan the approach that will work best for your business.
- Consider your target audience. It would be great to have a huge market to start with but it’s okay to start small. Choose a specific audience either related to your business niche or those that live in the Danville or surrounding Bay Area.
- Choose imagery and text that speaks to your product or service. The images should also resonate with your audience.
- Create a number of Facebook ads and test them to see which one, or ones, are most effective.
- Offer a coupon or special offer for those who like your business Facebook page. This will keep customers coming back and encourage them to share your page with others.
No one can tell you if Facebook advertising is right for your business. If you are considering using it, it may be worth checking into the prospects. Learn what you can about using Facebook when marketing online in Danville and so you can make an informed decision.