5 Tips for Online Video Optimization
Does your company use online video to toot its horn?
Don’t let the honking go for naught: Like other web content, you want to optimize videos so they rank high with search engines.
Search engines can’t crawl the actual video – at least not yet. You need to provide information about the video that search engines can recognize. Here are 5 tips to get you started:
- Create a snappy title: Just like a headline to a press release or blog post, you want to attract attention. Create a title that grabs the eye. Include at least one keyword that relates to your brand.
- Use YouTube and Google keyword tools: Yeah, I know, Google owns YouTube; but they have two separate keyword tools. Try them both.
- Tag it well: Tag your video with terms relevant to the content. Choose a mix of popular terms and phrases and others that are less popular but will draw a strong niche audience.
- Maximize the meta data: Similar to tagging, include meta data with relevant keywords.
- Include transcripts or summaries of video content: This one’s a no-brainer that’s often overlooked. Post this content in search engine-friendly HTML.